SCARTSRacing and NSCSonMRO
UPCOMING SCARTS RACES:
- Bristol: TBA

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

UPCOMING SCARTS RACES:
- Bristol: TBA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 272 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:06 pm
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

SCARTS on Facebook! (NEW PAGES. RE-LIKE!)

Complaints, concerns, etc. (These words don't explain what this topic will say)

5 posters

Go down

Complaints, concerns, etc. (These words don't explain what this topic will say) Empty Complaints, concerns, etc. (These words don't explain what this topic will say)

Post by Burn Mon May 04, 2009 7:23 pm

2 years ago I met two kind young men named Raptor and Scorpio. They invited me to join a team of theirs called [NOS], it was fun and lasted for about 6 months or so. After that, we went our seperate ways, I went on to bigger and better things like other Turbosliders teams (Swoot, Ippon, and v8 ). Now I'm on team [iR], a great team indeed.

Now I move on to SCARTS. I personally joined SCARTS not for the NASCAR reason but because I wanted to be apart of Raptor and Scorpio's teams. I was for my rookie year. Now we move on to the present time. Raptor isn't as active as he used to be but Scorpio sure is, and lately he's been ever annoying and conceded, if you will. These words don't explain what I really think right now, but I'll keep it clean. Scorpio doesn't understand when someone doesn't want to hear (see) him (typing). As he goes on with his religious beliefs, NASCAR comparisons, etc. I couldn't help but see what he was really doing. Scorpio and I had a talk a few months ago when we were still on good terms. He told me about a tough life he's had with his social life and I really felt for him. There are many kids that suffer from what Scorpio suffers. He takes out his frustrations and angers from his tough social-life, and throws it all into the game and into the faces of us (SCARTS). I really like"d" Scorpio but now I'm seeming to have different feelings, I just wish he could learn... I hope everyone reads this esp. Scorpio. Also, these are my personal thoughts that I'm throwing in here, criticize if you must.

Burn Neutral
Burn
Burn
Head Forum Admin
Head Forum Admin

Total Posts : 555
FT Cup Series : #88 Amp Energy Chevy Chevy Logo
-Starts: 6
-Poles: 1
-Wins: 2
-Top 3s: 4
-Top 5s: 5

Back to top Go down

Complaints, concerns, etc. (These words don't explain what this topic will say) Empty Re: Complaints, concerns, etc. (These words don't explain what this topic will say)

Post by DerekE Mon May 04, 2009 7:30 pm

I'm not going to have much of a word in this, because I don't want to get a massive fight going on the forum. But yes, in some terms, I do agree with you Burn. Not everything, but some.... most actually.

Scorpio, before you post to this, please THINK HARD about what you're going to say. HARD. REALLY HARD. And then type.
DerekE
DerekE
Head Forum Admin
Head Forum Admin

Total Posts : 805
FT Cup Series : #98 Menards Ford Full-time
Rising Star Series : N/A

Back to top Go down

Complaints, concerns, etc. (These words don't explain what this topic will say) Empty Re: Complaints, concerns, etc. (These words don't explain what this topic will say)

Post by DerekE Mon May 04, 2009 7:42 pm

Another note... please everyone be mature about this topic. I think something needs to be done, I really REALLY don't want people abandoning this league. Burnout and myself, and even you Scorpio and the rest who helped out, worked way too hard for people to do this to us.
DerekE
DerekE
Head Forum Admin
Head Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Burn Mon May 04, 2009 7:44 pm

This topic wasn't meant to cause mass-chaos, I got the OK from Burnout and threw this all out, Scorpio you BETTER think REALLY hard about what you're going to reply.
Burn
Burn
Head Forum Admin
Head Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DerekE Mon May 04, 2009 7:49 pm

Burn wrote:This topic wasn't meant to cause mass-chaos, I got the OK from Burnout and threw this all out...

Okay, that's cool. I was just saying... Smile
DerekE
DerekE
Head Forum Admin
Head Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Burnout Mon May 04, 2009 8:12 pm

Part of the reason I started SCARTS was to get away from the losers on the public servers screwing up the races. I've raced Kooler for awhile and he was even on some of my teams. I also met this 'Lilpilburn' one day and taught him how to race the TSB-F2 car. Also I met Klutch and he's been one of my long time fellow racers, the teammate of my first Sliders team. Things have come and gone, different team names but I've always kinda earned the reputation as a leader even though I've doubted myself a ton of times. Klutch later introduced me to four Keppana tracks that he posted on his Filefront page (I still know that address lol). And he also found a ripped 1.0.5 version of Turbo Sliders which allowed us to start up these oval races. Klutch and I had fun on these tracks, first starting with TSB Karts since I enjoyed the handling over Jeffery's 'NASCAR' vehicles. Those four Keppana tracks were nowhere realistic but the fact is, we had fun with them and it formed the foundation of what would become the SCARTS league. It was around then we met Fastman, when Klutch kept asking him if he liked NASCAR on the Terra server lmao. Fastman eventually was answering the questions and got the 1.0.5 download to race the ovals with us. Once Pilburn, Klutch, Fastman, and even Charger (then [BONG] Rasta) got to race this tracks enough, we felt it was time to start a league since we had quite a few racers at that time.

We started the NASCAR-F1 Racing League to suit both Klutch and Kooler's wants in a league. We only had four ovals: Talladega, Homestead, Loudon, and Bristol so we decided to mix in TSB road courses into the schedule, a half and half type thing. We made NASCARS using 'another 2D racing game' for the models but we later got DerekE to render the 2008 COTs which you guys have seen last season. Before we started the season, I played with adding in driving lines to the racetracks to make the side-by-side competition more equal. Klutch liked the idea so I added them in on the Keppana tracks. Then, we kicked off the season with Talladega and it was a mess. We later redid it and things seemed to click as people got the hang of the rules and the style of racing. We decided on using the stock cars at the road courses since it was a NASCAR type league so we ran Melbourne as our next race. It wasn't till after Melbourne that I knew we needed more ovals to balance out the schedule. I started work on my first oval: Phoenix, since it was one of my favorite racetracks. I wasn't experienced in track making, but noone seemed to mind. Messy, blocky, marks on the racetrack...but I felt satisfied that I could include that driving line racing style to cover up the ugliness of the track. Fact is: it was fun. As I grew in confidence for the potential of oval racing, I later embarked on newer ovals using the Digilusions track editor. I now had the freedom to create a much nicer racetrack, Indianapolis. Yeah to you guys it may look a little rough, but it was my first attempt at what is now a 'standard' SCARTS racetrack. I then made Pocono, Lowe's and then a redo of Phoenix (the track you know of now). Turbo Sliders has a size limit which restrained me on track size. Unfortunately, I had made 2-mile and mile and a half tracks before I started work on restrictor plate tracks. That explains why Lowe's seems so big, it was an oversight on my part first designing these tracks. I knew though at Phoenix needed to be a little smaller than Lowe's due to it being a shorter racetrack, so I downsized it from 1960x1500 (which was Lowe's) to 1920x1200 (for the new Phoenix). Yes I should have made the track a bit smaller than I did, but my mindset was on filling up the racetrack as much as I could with detail. So the track is a little big, the fact is I was able to recreate what was a horrible attempt at making Phoenix the first time. And the rest you guys know as you joined into SCARTS.

Fact is Scorpio, I appreciate any criticism you have about handling, HOWEVER you have to draw the line somewhere so you don't come across insulting. You weren't here when we started this so you have no basis of insulting my racetracks. I just explained why Phoenix is as big as it is and its none of your business to go putting it down because its so fast and unrealistic. I know its unrealistic. I've had to 'improvise' when I made Daytona to make the track 'seem' longer because when I made the older tracks I sized them how I wanted them THEN. Don't think I don't know that Daytona is the same size as Lowe's. It just ended up that way and I'd prefer you just back off about it. Quality isn't always everything and yes I'd like to evolve these tracks sometime but people shouldn't be so picky about every little flaw. You want quality? Try racing sims. I'm just now evolving the driving lines from the way I learrned to do them thanks to Alex. It's a work in progress, never work done. That bet by the way I am willing to call off if you now understand the background. I'd hate to lose friendship with a player cuz of a stupid feud about a track. Foolish. I am anxious though to see if you really can improve the racing on these tracks.

Last edited by Burnout on Mon May 04, 2009 8:34 pm; edited 5 times in total
Burnout
Burnout
SCARTS Official
SCARTS Official

Total Posts : 1693
Comments : **TRIPLE TITLE HOLDER**
- 2008-B Full Throttle Cup Champ
- 2008 Phenom Series Champ
- 2009 Racin' Edge Truck Champ
FT Cup Series : #9 Budweiser Ford Ford Logo
SCARTS Full Throttle 2010 Stats:
-Starts: 10
-Poles: 4
-Wins: 3
-Top 3s: 5
-Top 5s: 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Burn Tue May 05, 2009 6:55 am

Why were comments deleted?
Burn
Burn
Head Forum Admin
Head Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scorpio Tue May 05, 2009 5:15 pm

Re: Complaints, concerns, etc. (These words don't explain what this topic will say) uhh.. what i saw was; Religion is bad, scorpio is bad, raptor is inactive, i dont kick and scream at you because "my social life is a wreck" i take my anger out on other things.. also raptor being inactive means he has a life, you know school?! or not getting drunk

"As he goes on with his religious beliefs" i said 1 thing about morals about YOU abusing alcohol. You drinking really devalues your opinion.
Scorpio
Scorpio

Total Posts : 247
Comments : Phenom & Truck Point leader
FT Cup Series : None
Rising Star Series : #31- Some Green Car

Back to top Go down

Post by Burn Wed May 06, 2009 3:47 pm

"Raptor isn't as active as he used to be" is what I said.
I also said that this was my personal opinion just like your "Religious beliefs".
Burn
Burn
Head Forum Admin
Head Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptor Wed May 06, 2009 3:51 pm

Boy this ought to be the, time out section.... Wink
Raptor
Raptor
SCARTS Official
SCARTS Official

Total Posts : 1230
FT Cup Series : #24 DuPont Chevy Chevy Logo 2010
STARTS: 11
POLES: 1
WINS: 1
TOP 3: 5
TOP 5: 9
AVG. FINISH: 4.36

Back to top Go down

Post by Burn Wed May 06, 2009 8:22 pm

Someone should've down this years ago! LOCKED
Burn
Burn
Head Forum Admin
Head Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down