SCARTSRacing and NSCSonMRO
UPCOMING SCARTS RACES:
- Bristol: TBA

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

UPCOMING SCARTS RACES:
- Bristol: TBA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 272 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:06 pm
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

SCARTS on Facebook! (NEW PAGES. RE-LIKE!)

Lag Complaints

4 posters

Go down

Lag Complaints Empty Lag Complaints

Post by Burnout Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:37 pm

Before I nag you all about complaining, I need to say something. I knew as well as you guys that my server was 'lagging' as you guys put it. But there is another thing you didn't know. It would clear up!!!

When the race started, yes my server was warping. BUT, it was a different kind of lag that you guys need to clearly understand. Whenever your car appears to be 'repeating' itself, like your car is backtracking to a previous point over and over, that is what I call a 'synching problem'. Apparently my old laptop may have been struggling to 'sync' with 13 players across the world (S. America, Europe, N. America) and it caused that problem. Those lags typically don't 'wreck' you because the server is just synching itself so the screen may appear to be lagging but it really isn't. Sure enough after about 10 laps, the problem 'for the most part' cleared itself and there wasn't much of the 'usual' lagging. Anyone care to agree??

I kept my mouth shut about the starting laps trying to keep you guys on your toes and focused. Remember Dede and iBlaze were on and the last thing I wanted to do was make a big deal about lag and red flag the race. But all I hear is people yelling at me to fix the problem. YOU CAN'T JUST FIX LAG. Some people just get SO MAD that I have no idea how to react to it. But the real issue is that you guys didn't understand that 'synching issues' tend to clear themselves out if you give them time. They won't wreck you unless you stop and complain.

I don't know what to do anymore. I've got some 'unnamed people' holding grudges against me because they are upset. What did I do? I could go into a defensive state again and say all I've done to fix the lag, but I won't. You guys know it already. Its up to you guys to realize it and mature.
Burnout
Burnout
SCARTS Official
SCARTS Official

Total Posts : 1693
Comments : **TRIPLE TITLE HOLDER**
- 2008-B Full Throttle Cup Champ
- 2008 Phenom Series Champ
- 2009 Racin' Edge Truck Champ
FT Cup Series : #9 Budweiser Ford Ford Logo
SCARTS Full Throttle 2010 Stats:
-Starts: 10
-Poles: 4
-Wins: 3
-Top 3s: 5
-Top 5s: 8

Back to top Go down

Lag Complaints Empty Re: Lag Complaints

Post by dede Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:19 am

Yeah, it lagged because your connection couldn't handle more than 12 (?) players. It lagged especially when rock joined and started to download tracks and cars.
Anyway, I don't know if I can join all races (yesterday it ended at 3:30 AM - if I have to wake up at monring, it's not a good idea), but if you need a server, I can make you admin for community servers.
dede
dede
Rookie
Rookie

Total Posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Scorpio Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:28 am

dede...mabey you could photoshop some tracks (your alot better at it than me and u can watkins glen road course) Wink
Scorpio
Scorpio

Total Posts : 247
Comments : Phenom & Truck Point leader
FT Cup Series : None
Rising Star Series : #31- Some Green Car

Back to top Go down

Post by dede Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:40 pm

Scorpio wrote:dede...mabey you could photoshop some tracks (your alot better at it than me and u can watkins glen road course) Wink

Ehrr.. I must admit that I don't like trackmaking at all. I make tracks just because I need them for my competitions (e.g. now I'll be making some tracks for september's f1 league).
I released a tutorial about how to make good quality tracks in the TS.com wiki, though.
dede
dede
Rookie
Rookie

Total Posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Burnout Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:07 pm

Nah I don't need to host on the community server. There are ALOT of car files and stuff I'd have to put on the server which can get time consuming. I know there must be a shortcut method to put all the cars you want on, but I've never tried it. My server is ok, just it can get a little overload from alot of people on since its an old laptop. My new laptop has bad lag all race long and isn't very dependable. I have a few solutions to the lag, maybe set a 10 driver limit and have the people lower in the standings race their way into the race in qualifying. Ten was plenty last night for sure.
Burnout
Burnout
SCARTS Official
SCARTS Official

Total Posts : 1693
Comments : **TRIPLE TITLE HOLDER**
- 2008-B Full Throttle Cup Champ
- 2008 Phenom Series Champ
- 2009 Racin' Edge Truck Champ
FT Cup Series : #9 Budweiser Ford Ford Logo
SCARTS Full Throttle 2010 Stats:
-Starts: 10
-Poles: 4
-Wins: 3
-Top 3s: 5
-Top 5s: 8

Back to top Go down

Post by drillz Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:33 am

i can host a commuity server if u wnt burnout. since i dnt mind waiting 4 the files. I could put indy and nascars in 1 server Smile
drillz
drillz
Team Owner
Team Owner

Total Posts : 244
FT Cup Series : SCARTS Full Throttle 2010 Stats:
-Starts: 3
-Poles: 0
-Wins: 0
-Top 3s: 0
-Top 5s: 2
Rising Star Series : SCARTS Rising Star 2010 Stats:
-Starts: 1
-Poles: 0
-Wins: 1
-Top 3s: 1
-Top 5s: 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Scorpio Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:53 pm

here is a lag complaint..i had a giant lag in turn 3 some how wrecking you..you ban me..for now just go to hell *******
Scorpio
Scorpio

Total Posts : 247
Comments : Phenom & Truck Point leader
FT Cup Series : None
Rising Star Series : #31- Some Green Car

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down