SCARTSRacing and NSCSonMRO
UPCOMING SCARTS RACES:
- Bristol: TBA

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

UPCOMING SCARTS RACES:
- Bristol: TBA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 272 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:06 pm
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

SCARTS on Facebook! (NEW PAGES. RE-LIKE!)

If six people fail to show on scheduled raceday...VERY IMPORTANT

3 posters

Go down

Do you like the 50 point award to those who show to a cancelled event due to under six players?

If six people fail to show on scheduled raceday...VERY IMPORTANT Vote_lcap100%If six people fail to show on scheduled raceday...VERY IMPORTANT Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 1 ]
If six people fail to show on scheduled raceday...VERY IMPORTANT Vote_lcap0%If six people fail to show on scheduled raceday...VERY IMPORTANT Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
If six people fail to show on scheduled raceday...VERY IMPORTANT Vote_lcap0%If six people fail to show on scheduled raceday...VERY IMPORTANT Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 1

If six people fail to show on scheduled raceday...VERY IMPORTANT Empty If six people fail to show on scheduled raceday...VERY IMPORTANT

Post by Burnout Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:28 pm

OK, listen up. I took ALOT of time to plan out the Full Throttle Cup races in advance. I changed the header over and over to keep the race news up to date (for example)...NEXT RACE: Full Throttle Cup @ Dover - 6:30pm EST. Its right up there for everyone to see even if they visit the forum for like 2 seconds each day. This proves to me people are NOT checking the forum regularly or aren't communicating enough that they can't race on that day. I know you guys don't have time to check the forum all the time...but...I make it as easy as possible for you all to just casually 'check' it for a split second to get up to date on racetime without spending several minutes browsing the forum.

We talked and since we've had a low turnout for Dover, we might institute a 50 point award for the drivers who show up between 6:30 and 7:15 racetime. We had five people but not all at once. Four people practiced and one showed later (Drillz). We still didn't have enough to race so we called it.

Ideally, I do NOT want to push back scheduled races anymore since I am getting more organized on racetimes. The schedule shows the planned racetimes for Full Throttle and THIS WAS POSTED IN IT. The vote won for Wednesday and that becomes THE RACEDAY to race. No delays anymore. If under six show, my idea is to award the 50 points for those who wasted their time to show for no race and to keep us on schedule. Think about it, if you showed to race, you'd get points for racing in it. If you didn't show, you wouldn't. Same thing.

As a result, Dover gets scrapped from the schedule.

I am NOT awarding the points yet, I want to discuss this first.

Last edited by Burnout on Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Burnout
Burnout
SCARTS Official
SCARTS Official

Total Posts : 1693
Comments : **TRIPLE TITLE HOLDER**
- 2008-B Full Throttle Cup Champ
- 2008 Phenom Series Champ
- 2009 Racin' Edge Truck Champ
FT Cup Series : #9 Budweiser Ford Ford Logo
SCARTS Full Throttle 2010 Stats:
-Starts: 10
-Poles: 4
-Wins: 3
-Top 3s: 5
-Top 5s: 8

Back to top Go down

If six people fail to show on scheduled raceday...VERY IMPORTANT Empty Re: If six people fail to show on scheduled raceday...VERY IMPORTANT

Post by Raptor Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:53 am

I was thinking about this more last night and I do agree but I don't think the rule should be implemented until the next event. People should show up for these events and I am not showing sympathy to those who voted and did not show up. They do however have a right to know about a particular rule beforehand. Other than that, I have no problem with the rule at all. Smile
Raptor
Raptor
SCARTS Official
SCARTS Official

Total Posts : 1230
FT Cup Series : #24 DuPont Chevy Chevy Logo 2010
STARTS: 11
POLES: 1
WINS: 1
TOP 3: 5
TOP 5: 9
AVG. FINISH: 4.36

Back to top Go down

If six people fail to show on scheduled raceday...VERY IMPORTANT Empty Re: If six people fail to show on scheduled raceday...VERY IMPORTANT

Post by Burn Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:26 am

I know I'll probably get yelled at sooner or later, so... Yes, I voted and I didn't show. I've been to every other race, but I just couldn't show. I was busy, that happens sometimes. If you're gonna b*t*h me out, do it. I'll just stop racing.
Burn
Burn
Head Forum Admin
Head Forum Admin

Total Posts : 555
FT Cup Series : #88 Amp Energy Chevy Chevy Logo
-Starts: 6
-Poles: 1
-Wins: 2
-Top 3s: 4
-Top 5s: 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Burnout Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:20 pm

Didn't plan to. This is a mere suggestion of a rule to implement, the idea of it to increase site attendance to stay up to date on scheduling. If people regularly (at least check the homepage)...its hard to not stay up to date on when the next race is.

Don't think of this as a penalty to anybody. If the race had gone on, you wouldn't get points either. So the 50 points is a way to just forget this race and move on to the next event to stay on schedule. If people want these races to go on, its driver responsibility to keep 'in the know' to help SCARTS stay an active series on Turbo Sliders.

50 points is less points than most everyone earns in one race so its negligable. Heck I'll still be 5th in points. But all this time, I've been a believer in not wasting people's time. The point award is just a way to award those who did show to compete but are forced to leave because of low turnout.

I'll have you all vote on this above.
Burnout
Burnout
SCARTS Official
SCARTS Official

Total Posts : 1693
Comments : **TRIPLE TITLE HOLDER**
- 2008-B Full Throttle Cup Champ
- 2008 Phenom Series Champ
- 2009 Racin' Edge Truck Champ
FT Cup Series : #9 Budweiser Ford Ford Logo
SCARTS Full Throttle 2010 Stats:
-Starts: 10
-Poles: 4
-Wins: 3
-Top 3s: 5
-Top 5s: 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptor Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:09 am

This may happen many times in a year, and that could mean a schedule change for fewer races next year.
Raptor
Raptor
SCARTS Official
SCARTS Official

Total Posts : 1230
FT Cup Series : #24 DuPont Chevy Chevy Logo 2010
STARTS: 11
POLES: 1
WINS: 1
TOP 3: 5
TOP 5: 9
AVG. FINISH: 4.36

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down