SCARTSRacing and NSCSonMRO
UPCOMING SCARTS RACES:
- Bristol: TBA

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

UPCOMING SCARTS RACES:
- Bristol: TBA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 272 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:06 pm
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

SCARTS on Facebook! (NEW PAGES. RE-LIKE!)

The Unnamed Racer's Blog - February 10th - "NASCAR Is The Remedy...."

Go down

The Unnamed Racer's Blog - February 10th - "NASCAR Is The Remedy...." Empty The Unnamed Racer's Blog - February 10th - "NASCAR Is The Remedy...."

Post by Guest Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:42 am

February 10th
#4 - "NASCAR Is The Remedy For Those Valentine's Day Blues"

Alright, first off, the Shootout was awesome, although I would have liked to seen more action. I guess some of the drivers are still a little bit timid to let the reigns loose on their cars and on their personalities. Although there are signs that they're opening up for more conflict. Earlier today during practice, Denny Hamlin cut right in front of Brad Keselowski in what I'm sure was a bit of "heated discussion" over what went on last season. Long story short, right after Hamlin pulled off that little stunt, Brad tapped the car from behind to sort of remind him "who's boss," as if he knows what he's doing. From what I've heard, Dale Jr. got spun out by the #11 FedEx Express To during an earlier practice session. Junior was quoted over the radio as saying that Hamlin "doesn't know how to bump draft." Judging from the way he was driving today, I have to agree with that one. Take a look at the video of the incident with the #11 FedEx Express To and the #12 Penske Dodge. (since for some reason, the codes are messed up, go here --> http://www.nascar.com/video/cup/2010/preview/practice/02/10/cup.day.practice.hamlin.nascar/index.html )

On top of that, the go-or-go-homers are getting really fiesty during practice, Mike Bliss took himself out, collecting Jimmie Johnson and Joey Logano. But in an awesome piece of driving, little baby Kyle Busch managed to weave around Johnson, and then in between Logano's and Bliss' cars going at least 150 down the tri-oval! I swear he's taken some driving lessons during the off-season now. Maybe he'll mature a bit for this year? Here's the video below (from YouTube, thank god)

So yeah, it's been an interesting day for practice.

By the way, did I mention that the 500 was on Valentine's Day this year? Heh, I guess NASCAR is the remedy for those V-Day blues, considering that I myself have never had any luck with the girls, but this year (like every few years or so), I get to actually forget about it and just watch NASCAR!

And that is my rant of the day....

Don't forget about my contest...although I'm starting to consider abandoning it with only two entries and declare Burn the default winner. I'm sort of leaning towards a modified version of his called The Wolf's Paws or something like that.

Counting down to the 2010 SCARTS season!!!!

-Aniro

Back to top Go down

The Unnamed Racer's Blog - February 10th - "NASCAR Is The Remedy...." Empty Re: The Unnamed Racer's Blog - February 10th - "NASCAR Is The Remedy...."

Post by Raptor Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:35 pm

Your doing a great job at this Aniro. Keep it up!
Raptor
Raptor
SCARTS Official
SCARTS Official

Total Posts : 1230
FT Cup Series : #24 DuPont Chevy Chevy Logo 2010
STARTS: 11
POLES: 1
WINS: 1
TOP 3: 5
TOP 5: 9
AVG. FINISH: 4.36