SCARTSRacing and NSCSonMRO
UPCOMING SCARTS RACES:
- Bristol: TBA

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

UPCOMING SCARTS RACES:
- Bristol: TBA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 272 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:06 pm
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

SCARTS on Facebook! (NEW PAGES. RE-LIKE!)

The Unnamed Racer's Blog - February 3rd - "Changes, Changes, Changes!"

Go down

The Unnamed Racer's Blog - February 3rd - "Changes, Changes, Changes!" Empty The Unnamed Racer's Blog - February 3rd - "Changes, Changes, Changes!"

Post by Guest Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:48 am

February 3rd
#3 - "Changes, Changes, Changes!"

First off, you wanna know what would be cool? If Iowa became National Champion, then maybe a Nationwide team would race a black-and-gold Hawkeye car around Iowa Speedway (which the Nationwide cars and the Trucks race in) over in Newton, which I hear isn't far from Iowa City! Just another goal to add to my "while I'm in college" list! The only reason I bring it up is because in April, David Reutimann is gonna run his #00 in the school colors of the Alabama Crimson Tide. Here's a picture of it (courtesy of Jayski).

The Unnamed Racer's Blog - February 3rd - "Changes, Changes, Changes!" 00alabama-diecast

Sorry, Burnout, but it looks like Texas has to wait until next March to have a Longhorns-mobile racing around the speedy turns of Texas Motor Speedway....

In the meantime! The first race of 2010, the Racin' Edge All-Star Race, was run last night at the newly re-walled Dover Speedway, and sad to say that I missed it (stupid work!). It apparently came down to a three-way fight between Burnout, Kooler (haven't heard from him in a while!), and Scorpio. From what the replays revealed, Kooler crapped out during the battle with around three laps to go, leaving it down to a tightly contested two-way battle between the #33 Chevrolet - Long and the #4 Chevrolet - Monst. Burnout managed to nip Scorp by just 0.091, which is equivalent to just around one full truck length. Oh how I wish I had not started work until today....oh well.

Right now, we've got the new intro to SCARTS on the Turbo Sliders website up now. So far, we've only gotten one real response, but we haven't been attacked by Les Europeéns yet. I am very hopeful that perhaps we can convince more and more from the whole TS community to race this season. Maybe I'm dreaming, but I dream of a day where we have a full 20-car field (I wonder what would be the qualifying procedure for that if there were more than 20?).

As far as my naming challenge goes, I was really hoping I'd get more of a response than just the two suggestions I got! I'm keeping my contest open until the checkered flag of the Daytona 500 on February 14th! So far, the entries are:

The Wolf Watch (submitted by Burn)
Aniro's Blog (submitted by Burn)

So keep thinking them up....remember that I'll pick the best after February 14th and then hold a poll until March 1st to pick the final winner!

-Aniro

Back to top Go down

The Unnamed Racer's Blog - February 3rd - "Changes, Changes, Changes!" Empty Re: The Unnamed Racer's Blog - February 3rd - "Changes, Changes, Changes!"

Post by Burn Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:56 pm

Cash prize please! The Unnamed Racer's Blog - February 3rd - "Changes, Changes, Changes!" Icon_biggrin
Burn
Burn
Head Forum Admin
Head Forum Admin

Total Posts : 555
FT Cup Series : #88 Amp Energy Chevy Chevy Logo
-Starts: 6
-Poles: 1
-Wins: 2
-Top 3s: 4
-Top 5s: 5

Back to top Go down

The Unnamed Racer's Blog - February 3rd - "Changes, Changes, Changes!" Empty Re: The Unnamed Racer's Blog - February 3rd - "Changes, Changes, Changes!"

Post by Guest Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:15 pm

If I can somehow convince my boss to start paying me $9 or $10/hr instead of working for $7.95/hr, then maybe I'll put the cash incentive down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down