SCARTSRacing and NSCSonMRO
UPCOMING SCARTS RACES:
- Bristol: TBA

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

UPCOMING SCARTS RACES:
- Bristol: TBA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 272 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:06 pm
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

SCARTS on Facebook! (NEW PAGES. RE-LIKE!)

rFactor - Leading Draft At Daytona

Go down

rFactor - Leading Draft At Daytona Empty rFactor - Leading Draft At Daytona

Post by Burnout Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:32 am

Here is a scrapbook of an rFactor Daytona race I competed in.

- I started 7th on the grid of 14 racers as shown below. I am in the blue #07 DirecTV Chevrolet.

rFactor - Leading Draft At Daytona Rfacto10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- After picking my way through the field, I took the lead on Lap #4 from the #43 McDonalds Ford. This pic shows me leading the draft pack the lap after on Lap #5. The #43 is shown back in fourth position in this picture with ironically my 2009 FT Cup #33 Cheerios Chevy drafting right behind me in 2nd spot! Very Happy

rFactor - Leading Draft At Daytona Rfacto11

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Starting Lap #6, the #43 somehow got his way back to the front and ends up passing me here for the lead just moments after this picture.

rFactor - Leading Draft At Daytona Rfacto12

- Since the picture above, two cars were passing me low, the #43 and the #5 CARQUEST car. Exiting Turn #2, the #5 tries to change lanes right in front of me to get a run on the leader, but he didn't have enough room since my draft line was tightly packed on the top side at full speed. Had I lifted for him, I probably woulda caused an even bigger accident possibly taking me out too. I ended up tapping him into the wall. I swear there was nothing I could do, you can make out in the pic here that the #33 is RIGHT ON MY TAIL. Another car is closely behind him too as is the rest of the pack. If I had lifted, it would have stacked up my draft line and probably would have created a huge accident with me involved.

rFactor - Leading Draft At Daytona Rfacto14

- The #5 rebounds off the fence nailing the #43 leader in the right rear, and I managed to JUST SQUEEZE by the 43 to reclaim the lead since he was spinning around in place. The #5 ran off course to the right of this picture but he was still making forward progress off screen. Seconds later he will charge across the track into the #33 and somehow noone gets wrecked by that.

rFactor - Leading Draft At Daytona Rfacto13

- I led two more laps then fell back a bit to draft behind others. People began pitting around Lap 15 but I had a speeding penalty, too fast entering. I had to make a pass through but luckily many others had penalties or didn't take enough fuel that I picked off positions and finished 4th on the lead lap still. I finished all 21 laps. Razz Wasn't a great result with the penalty, but I was happy nonetheless to be able to race Daytona with a controller and find myself competitive running up front!!!!

The #33 won the race. haha

Last edited by Burnout on Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Burnout
Burnout
SCARTS Official
SCARTS Official

Total Posts : 1693
Comments : **TRIPLE TITLE HOLDER**
- 2008-B Full Throttle Cup Champ
- 2008 Phenom Series Champ
- 2009 Racin' Edge Truck Champ
FT Cup Series : #9 Budweiser Ford Ford Logo
SCARTS Full Throttle 2010 Stats:
-Starts: 10
-Poles: 4
-Wins: 3
-Top 3s: 5
-Top 5s: 8

Back to top Go down

rFactor - Leading Draft At Daytona Empty Re: rFactor - Leading Draft At Daytona

Post by Guest Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:58 am

Which controller did you use? And did it use some sort of USB connector?

Back to top Go down

rFactor - Leading Draft At Daytona Empty Re: rFactor - Leading Draft At Daytona

Post by Burnout Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:14 pm

Just a simple Logitech 'Playstation-like' controller with a USB connection. Works very well.
Burnout
Burnout
SCARTS Official
SCARTS Official

Total Posts : 1693
Comments : **TRIPLE TITLE HOLDER**
- 2008-B Full Throttle Cup Champ
- 2008 Phenom Series Champ
- 2009 Racin' Edge Truck Champ
FT Cup Series : #9 Budweiser Ford Ford Logo
SCARTS Full Throttle 2010 Stats:
-Starts: 10