SCARTSRacing and NSCSonMRO
UPCOMING SCARTS RACES:
- Bristol: TBA

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

UPCOMING SCARTS RACES:
- Bristol: TBA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 272 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:06 pm
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

SCARTS on Facebook! (NEW PAGES. RE-LIKE!)

Nationwide Series - Last Lap Crash @ Gateway + My Rant on Carl Edwards

3 posters

Go down

Nationwide Series - Last Lap Crash @ Gateway + My Rant on Carl Edwards Empty Nationwide Series - Last Lap Crash @ Gateway + My Rant on Carl Edwards

Post by Aniro Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:39 am

OK, how many times has Carl Edwards nearly killed the following?
  • Brad Keselowski
  • NASCAR fans
  • other NASCAR drivers

Seriously, because I'm shocked that Edwards didn't get a suspension from at least the Nationwide Series. Yes, I know BK is a rookie, a careless rookie. Yes, I know that he still isn't over the fact that he got turned over at 'Dega by BK last year when going for a win, but dammit, is Carl Edwards turning into some sadist freak that's enjoying wrecking a (I forget how old he is) 19 or 20-something kid and risking any of the following three serious harm? I mean, it was bad enough when NASCAR gave him a slap on the wrist for dumping him during the Cup race at Atlanta while he was over 100 laps down...

That being said, I do understand that it was the last lap, and it was to go for the win, that I will not take away. But with recent history between Edwards and BK, this really can't be ignored. I saw his gloves make a turn to the left to take out BK on the way to the line, when he could have made it just as exciting with a photo finish! To make it worse...BK got t-boned two or three more times, before coming across the line and Edwards didn't show any remorse for the fact that he could have still killed someone!

If this were 2000 and not 2010, then BK and the other drivers involved would have suffered serious injury or worse...same applies to Atlanta.

The offending footage from Gateway during the Missouri-Illinois Dodge Dealers 250: