SCARTSRacing and NSCSonMRO
UPCOMING SCARTS RACES:
- Bristol: TBA

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

UPCOMING SCARTS RACES:
- Bristol: TBA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 272 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:06 pm
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

SCARTS on Facebook! (NEW PAGES. RE-LIKE!)

Wonkndeso Xtreme Racer UPDATES

3 posters

Go down

Wonkndeso Xtreme Racer UPDATES Empty Wonkndeso Xtreme Racer UPDATES

Post by CBA-R35 Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:03 am

I am extremely sorry to all of you, I'm stucked working on Episode 6 and 7. They're ready but the illustration is what pulls me off.

Despite I left this fan fiction for, let's say 3 months, but I also work my other fan fiction which I shouldn't tell because it's out from the racing theme.

I'm pleased to tell you all that MY FAN FICTION IS NOT DEAD AND WILL CONTINUE ON UNTIL END. That means Zen Kusanagi's journey to be the best driver on earth will continue! Sorry for the very long hang time.

And yes, this thread is an News/Update if I am necessary to post previews or news regarding on my next episode.

CBA-R35
Sponsored Driver
Sponsored Driver

Total Posts : 83

Back to top Go down

Wonkndeso Xtreme Racer UPDATES Empty Re: Wonkndeso Xtreme Racer UPDATES

Post by Burnout Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:56 am

Keep it coming Rendy! Smile
Burnout
Burnout
SCARTS Official
SCARTS Official

Total Posts : 1693
Comments : **TRIPLE TITLE HOLDER**
- 2008-B Full Throttle Cup Champ
- 2008 Phenom Series Champ
- 2009 Racin' Edge Truck Champ
FT Cup Series : #9 Budweiser Ford Ford Logo
SCARTS Full Throttle 2010 Stats:
-Starts: 10
-Poles: 4
-Wins: 3
-Top 3s: 5
-Top 5s: 8

Back to top Go down

Wonkndeso Xtreme Racer UPDATES Empty LATEST UPDATE! Friday, 30th October 2009

Post by CBA-R35 Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:57 am

Hi!

The Episodes 6 and 7 are up! And I renew the format of the characters' profiles and about to upload more graphics here. Hope I can catch that lost time!

Here it is:
Episode 6 link
Episode 7 link

CBA-R35
Sponsored Driver
Sponsored Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by CBA-R35 Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:51 am

EPISODE 8 is finished, but not with the illustrations. That means, tomorrow is the EPISODE 8 post.

However, take time to see this one:

Zen, Danielle, Hiroshi and Marty are the four remaining racers battling for the Drift Academy master! They will let out their best in order to win. Danielle had a mobile hairstylist to fix her hair while Hiroshi and Marty had a revelation to Zen. And a new master will emerge!
Spoiler:
Wonder what will become of them?

CBA-R35
Sponsored Driver
Sponsored Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by CBA-R35 Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:39 am

LULZ, My computer is broken and my illustrations are there!

Don't worry, I'll upload it ASAP (If my computer is back!)

CBA-R35
Sponsored Driver
Sponsored Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Burnout Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:01 am

Good, keep em coming Rendy!
Burnout
Burnout
SCARTS Official
SCARTS Official

Total Posts : 1693
Comments : **TRIPLE TITLE HOLDER**
- 2008-B Full Throttle Cup Champ
- 2008 Phenom Series Champ
- 2009 Racin' Edge Truck Champ
FT Cup Series : #9 Budweiser Ford Ford Logo
SCARTS Full Throttle 2010 Stats:
-Starts: 10
-Poles: 4
-Wins: 3
-Top 3s: 5
-Top 5s: 8

Back to top Go down

Post by CBA-R35 Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:52 pm

CBA-R35
Sponsored Driver
Sponsored Driver

Back to top Go down

Wonkndeso Xtreme Racer UPDATES Empty Fujiwara Village map

Post by CBA-R35 Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:35 am

You guys are not gonna believe this! I finished something and it's a Fujiwara Village map drawn in MS Visio 2003 (Microsoft Office app to make somekind of maps, etc.). Since we've been reached back to the Fujiwara Village, here's the map:

Wonkndeso Xtreme Racer UPDATES Fujiwaravillage-map

LEGENDS
  • Zen's House = 'nuff said.
  • Mandy's House = Mandy's house, nearby Zen's house. I will introduce Mandy later on.
  • Small Shop = Just a small shop which sells foods, drinks, et cetera.

Comments anyone?

CBA-R35
Sponsored Driver
Sponsored Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptor Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:44 am

That's pretty cool! Smile lol that is a pretty big small shop. Wink
Raptor
Raptor
SCARTS Official
SCARTS Official

Total Posts : 1230
FT Cup Series : #24 DuPont Chevy Chevy Logo 2010
STARTS: 11
POLES: 1
WINS: 1
TOP 3: 5
TOP 5: 9
AVG. FINISH: 4.36

Back to top Go down

Post by CBA-R35 Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:39 am

The 8th episode is up and the new character is revealed! Check it out on the GENERAL STORY THREAD and CHARACTERS thread. Meanwhile, I'm working on the Episode 1 TS track (Japanarta Short Circuit). Sooner or later, Japanarta Circuit will be on TS!

In my personal note, I have to reach episode 12 this month. I've proposed this fan fiction long time ago, so let's GO SPEED!!!

~GREETS~

CBA-R35
Sponsored Driver
Sponsored Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by CBA-R35 Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:05 am

Check it out, the TS Track of the Japanarta Track is finally here on TS! Feel free to express yourself like you're on the actual track seen on the first episode of WXR!!!

A little description of this track. This track is rated as "Very Easy" because of the turns that really long. Because of this, you need a fast-paced action over there.

Check it out: http://www.turbosliders.com/show_tracks.php (Look for the track with a WXR tag on it)

I'll do the Meteor Ring later on! It's a pretty speedy and rectangle-shaped track with the Nightmod setting. Meanwhile, enjoy that track!

CBA-R35
Sponsored Driver
Sponsored Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by CBA-R35 Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:11 am

Come on. I've created a track based on my fan fiction. Why there's still not yet people wants to download it?

http://www.turbosliders.com/view_track.php?id=782

CBA-R35
Sponsored Driver
Sponsored Driver

Back to top Go down

Wonkndeso Xtreme Racer UPDATES Empty Fujiwara Lakeside map

Post by CBA-R35 Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:53 pm

Since we're reaching the episode where Zen will race in Fujiwara Lakeside which is located on West. Without much talking, here's the map:

/!\ WARNING: Contains spoilers for next episodes /!\[/b]

Wonkndeso Xtreme Racer UPDATES Fujiwaralakeside-map

[b]LEGENDS

• Brooke's House = Inside Bali Village. The map of Bali Village is currently unavailable until the next episode.
  • Danielle's House = Danielle's house. There's not much I can say.
  • Joanie's House = Joanie's house. Actually hers is big because her house is two storey and has a large yard.
  • Naru's House = Naru's house. Near the paddy field.
  • Satoru's House = Satoru's house. Just like everyone else, it has a garage.
  • Snack Shop = A shop which sells snacks.
  • Town Hall = This is where the socials of Fujiwara Lakeside hold their town meetings at.

Comments anyone?[/quote]

CBA-R35
Sponsored Driver
Sponsored Driver

Back to top Go down

Wonkndeso Xtreme Racer UPDATES Empty Makeovers.

Post by CBA-R35 Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:52 am

For this point forward, I will do some makeover, for cars.

First off, Zen's car. The story is like this:

I am advertising Turbo Sliders on a forum called "THE XTREME RACERS". That site is dedicated to Tokyo Xtreme Racer series video games.

Okay, so when I post the first version of Zen's car (which can be downloadable here), I also post the design.

Wonkndeso Xtreme Racer UPDATES ToyotaTrueno86

But someone commented: hmm
datsa fd with re lights.

Wonkndeso Xtreme Racer UPDATES 113998958129863 ???

What he means is that the car design resembles the second generation Mazda RX7. So that's why I changed the design to this:

Wonkndeso Xtreme Racer UPDATES Trueno86v2
Which means the design looks like this:
Wonkndeso Xtreme Racer UPDATES Toyota-corolla-ae86-sprinter-trueno

Instead of the previous ones.

So the things on my head:
Zen is driving a Trueno 86, but the car design is a FC3S RX7.
Does for the past number of episodes, Zen is driving a FC3S?
But Zen drive a Trueno 86. Maybe a mis-design?

The answer is...: Car Blueprints. You can google them.

Ah, the best thing to make your own Turbo Sliders car based on a real-life car is Car Blueprints. I think you can follow this thing if you are interested on making cars Very Happy.

But let's get back to the topic, not only the new ones, but the existing ones will be replaced by a clearer version. As you know, actually those existing ones are posted in *.bmp but converted into a freakin' low quality *.jpg. Having business on the pixel world can be intriguing...

Well, that's it for now, all I hope is you can still enjoy the stories!

Bye!
~Regards

CBA-R35
Sponsored Driver
Sponsored Driver

Back to top Go down

Wonkndeso Xtreme Racer UPDATES Empty REVIEWS!

Post by CBA-R35 Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:28 am

Alright, and here's the part that you might want to lurve for: REVIEWS! I mean, review from another member from another site.

Since you asked me to comment on your story, well, here's my *let's call it* review. so Don't take anything you read here seriously. All this is opinionated but it's good if you take these into account as well.

Alright, let's start! And before that...
/!\THIS IS JUST AN OPINION, DON'T PUNCH ME FOR THAT!/!\
HEHEHE, Just kidding

Plot introduction - It sounds something that came out of Need for Speed Underground 2. Although tops for uniqueness in names and setting, it doesn't give the readers that much of a clear picture. It's like saying, 'I live in Quezon City' being a Filipino but you're telling it to a Malaysian; how could he/she know where Quezon City is if he/she has never been there, for example.

I don't know how to put this but, seeing as the descriptions of Wonkndeso Xtreme racer being held in Malls, etc... it's starting to sound like something from that oldies anime about Tamiya mini 4WDs, what was that... 'Let's GO'? Well, it's your call but I suggest going for more natural areas so stick with the touge areas & wangan circuits. If you want rallies, Hokkaido is a very good example. the Other areas like malls and recreation blah, blahs... don't do much justice to your story. The forum readers here are right with one thing, you SHOULD sell yourself XD.

In terms of grammar, I hate to say it but you REALLY need to work on it. Try double checking your grammar on a more updated version of MS Word or have it grammar checked in an online grammar checking software, if there is one.

Alright, so let's say that the grammar is really a matter because I write stories on a Notepad application, and my MS Word doesn't work when I run them. The only answer is an online grammar checker tool.

Alright, then this guy is commenting on my episodes. Let's look at it!

Episode 1 - There's no way a total noob of the scene starts out with a GT-R. That's just plain suicide. And an Arcade Buff as the king of the WGP? Uhm... no offense, but most contenders have to be true drivers. Ryoji claiming that he raced on a mountain pass already doesn't suffice the fact that he's still an arcade buff. There's just so little relations between real life driving and game driving, although game companies DO make their utmost best to recreate the real feeling.

Episode 2 - There's one thing I've noticed among the characters, they all have an ego. The good kind and the bad kind... Not good. There should be varying personalities and nervousness for somebody who's gonna become Emo King's next possible heir just doesn't cut it. Elicia's sudden change in personality is much too random, especially when Zen overtakes her. She shouldn't just change sides like that. To make the scrapping scene of the GT-R more realistic, it should be at least done during the race. Again, another random phenomenon. GT-R engines just don't overheat right after racing. But if you want to stick with that, I suggest you should've noted that he shifts always on the red zone, letting it stay for a second or two before he shifts. By the way, are they all driving automatics here or manual transmissioned cars? Auto cars just don't break down out of the blue, you know... I mean just like that.

Episode 3 - A random stranger helping Zen out? Utterly suspicious. And a random race between 2 strangers all of a sudden involving the lead character is another downside to this story. No offense meant. There should be a more detailed background of both Garth and Princess Mademoiselle.

Episode 4 - People just don't die from an intense punch such as that; it looks so wrong. And the emblem stone thing just turns it off from the original racing genre. And one more thing, the father should NOT have said that he has 5500. Normally, bragging about how much you have to buy something, especially in used retailers would just entice the person selling to increase the price.

Episode 5 - Math teachers don't say that they're not as smart as their students. WHat's the point of teaching younger people if you claim that you know less than them? And why would his fater just leave all of a sudden? Again, that doesn't make sense. I think it is better that you make things a bit more natural. Not so sure if I'd call this natural in your case but settling things by racing OUT OF THE BLUE just doesn't cut it... well, that's how I look at it. Again, for Shark, a sudden change of character is unnatural. All that for just a math score?

Episode 6 - no comment here. But again, the change of attitude of Zen doesn't give it much justice. Just because he won once in his 86, and that the owner says that he's destined to do something great doesn't give Zen much reason to gloat about it, especially in an unknown territory like Drift Academy.

Episode 7 - A strict teacher saying 'Let's roll' to his students after calling 3 of 22 out... it's like saying "I'll kill you but let's have a drink first". Because of the strictness of Kojiro, the students should at least show a bit of fear, now that they know how Kojiro plays his game. In the first selection, the last person to be called out is Zen; to make things a bit more intense for the hero.

Episode 8 - By the way, it's an 86 - 8,6. Eight Six. Not eighty six. That's why they call it in Japan as "Hachi roku" meaning 8-6. If it is 86, then Japs should call it "Hachi-ju-roku". Danielle changing her hairstyle and everyone making a fuss about it is not a natural scene. The race scene is quite good but... again, dialogues need to be brushed up a bit more, especially the ones during the race.

Episode 9 - Stylish drifts don't make someone faster. I think it should be a 'well-planned out attack' must best describe it. What's good about this episode is the sudden ambush race. you get pluses for that.

Episode 10 - You've done well, taking another Drivetrain's specs into account. A comparison is a best way to further continue a story. But again with the random decision making all of a sudden. Sad

Episode 11 - Race scene only reminds me of Takumi vs Shingo. I suggest you let out less on the car collisions. And I think to introduce a bit of some characters on the paragraph is much needed. A clearer picture during the episode will give it more justice than let the readers go on a hassle to open a new tab and read the character page separately.

Episode 12 - a 6 car race is starting to sound more like Gran Turismo and a tuned S13 shouldn't be troubled by the Kei cars, and only the 86, unless Mollie's a complete pushover and all talk. Nothing wrong that I noticed here but the usuals - grammar is one.

Episode 13 - Well, it's good to showcase the BBS from the Kaido series, so I'd give you tops at that. The race? Despite the images, it's hard for me to grasp the battle. Well, for me, don't rely too much on the images. Try describing the movements of the cars by word, that'll make the readers' imagination run wild as ever to picture the battle.

Overall, here's that guy's note for my future episodes.

Overall, here's what I think you should work on.
1. Grammar. A well planned out and grammar-correct sentence definitely would give the edge among other stories and would keep your readers intact for more. Try and use deeper and more cunning words that gives your story much more body. Try and see why Harry Potter or the Twilight series made well by book, it's the grammar that counts.
2. The storyline. It needs some work. Not every episode must revolve 100% on racing. You should at least give characters more life aside from racing. Why do you think Initial D made it this far? They have the balance between what life really is, reality, and what racing really is, the theme. The only exceptions to this rule, with Initial D as an example, is if the opponent of the hero is Good-God godlike; like the hero versus a professional like Tomo Tachi & Sakamoto, not to mention God Arm as well. A good example of balance is... take Keisuke vs Kyoko battle. The race began 3/4 way of Episode 8. There's a catch and a balance between both. Each episode doesn't only feature the battle, it must feature what spectators think of it.
3. Character Personality. Someone who started out mean, mostly, finishes up being mean at the end. The only way to show dual personalities is according to these conditions: the person who lost to the hero gives them the impression that he's like someone they knew before, or if the person who lost to the hero has no choice but to change their outlook in order to excel more.
4. Character Outlook. Not everybody in a story should be completely involved, knowledgable, or interested in one thing. There should be varying outlooks about racing. Take Bunta versus the Takahashi brothers in Initial D. THe latter sees racing as serious and that they want to become a legendary pair. Bunta, being a legend, cares less about racing and just treats it as something to kill the boredom. Takumi, especially in first stage, sees racing as a chore. Not everyone should be that addicted or close to racing. Only a selected few should NOT be knowledgable or involved in such. This gives the story balance as well.
5. The Hero. There are two kinds of heroes in a story: (a) A well talented racer who cares less about racing and simply goes on about his business. He has two destinies, with one option only: to keep his outlook on the theme as it is, or to realize his potential and make a goalfor himself. (B) A complete and utter noob whos bound to racing and but doesn't have the skills to back all those dreams up. They rely more on something, especially their car, to take them up to the top, hone their skills, and eventually make them the racer that they want to become.
6. Purpose. Not every character in a racing story races for the same purpose. They all have different motives. One may race for money, just for show, just to kill time, to become pro, reminds them of somebody they could never ever dare forget, has an obligation in it, has a mission in it, etc. This supports #4 as well.
7. Technicalities. You need more terminologies said by the characters more. Example: Fullmetal Alchemist and Fate Stay Night. Let's take the latter as an example. Each character describes their background as to why they are a servant and who are they based from. That's a technicality to you.
8. Story balance. You should at least have intermission episodes or battles not related to the hero racing fully for the entire episode. That simply ruins the story. If Kingdom Hearts 2 was straight out fighting and keyblad whacking with no storyline, it'll become boring, right? They really need to have another life aside from racing, as I said earlier.

Well, that's my review for you. Try and get more ideas from other stories, here and on [Initial D World] as to name a few. As an example in IDW, find Sanae's record winning fanfic Dreaming of Akina.

Make your story look more professional in the near future and keep levelling up!

Comments to this?

CBA-R35
Sponsored Driver
Sponsored Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down