SCARTSRacing and NSCSonMRO
UPCOMING SCARTS RACES:
- Bristol: TBA

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

UPCOMING SCARTS RACES:
- Bristol: TBA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 272 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:06 pm
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

SCARTS on Facebook! (NEW PAGES. RE-LIKE!)

Another possible caution rule change.

4 posters

Go down

Another possible caution rule change. Empty Another possible caution rule change.

Post by Burnout Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:56 pm

Well we tested the 'caution caller pits after everyone else under caution' rule at Las Vegas last week. DerekE's idea definately created less caution flags, probably due to the want of not calling the yellow flag. That created a 90+ lap run to the finish caution free. The field got way spread out and got boring fast when it became a fuel mileage game.

I thought about it, and I thought up another possible solution to cautions. My new idea is to only allow cautions for getting stuck in the walls or on other racecars. The other incidents such as hitting the wall, lagging, and everything else will not be allowed to draw cautions due to the sheer fact of not knowing 100% if the caution was a valid one. We KNOW getting stuck on the wall or car is accidental and is perfect for drawing a caution flag.

If we used this rule, there will no longer be restrictions for the guy calling the yellow flag. He may retain his position on the track at the moment he breaks free of the wall. He may also pit with everyone else. The whole purpose of restricting when to pit in the last rule was due to the uncertainty of the validity of the caution flag. So the caution caller will not be screwed of track position and may play the strategy game if he wants to.

This rule will likely create long green flag runs with the presumption that any cautions thrown are for good reason only. I WILL watch the tapes after each race to examine each caution flag closely to see if they were called for the correct reason.

This may be unpopular with laggers, but overall its a great way to ensure valid caution flags. By the way, its VERY HARD to intentionally get yourself stuck so that puts a check on cheaters. It tends to happen accidentally.

Lemme know if this sounds like a decent rule.
Burnout
Burnout
SCARTS Official
SCARTS Official

Total Posts : 1693
Comments : **TRIPLE TITLE HOLDER**
- 2008-B Full Throttle Cup Champ
- 2008 Phenom Series Champ
- 2009 Racin' Edge Truck Champ
FT Cup Series : #9 Budweiser Ford Ford Logo
SCARTS Full Throttle 2010 Stats:
-Starts: 10
-Poles: 4
-Wins: 3
-Top 3s: 5
-Top 5s: 8

Back to top Go down

Another possible caution rule change. Empty Re: Another possible caution rule change.

Post by Raptor Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:41 pm

I like the system we have now, I like it that the caution caller must go to the rear and have to pit, but only for a split second.
Raptor
Raptor
SCARTS Official
SCARTS Official

Total Posts : 1230
FT Cup Series : #24 DuPont Chevy Chevy Logo 2010
STARTS: 11
POLES: 1
WINS: 1
TOP 3: 5
TOP 5: 9
AVG. FINISH: 4.36

Back to top Go down

Another possible caution rule change. Empty Re: Another possible caution rule change.

Post by DerekE Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Sounds like a decent rule. I'm for it I guess, since I agree after that last race at Vegas we did seem a bit tense about calling a caution. So yeah I'm for it.. But I have a feeling somehow, someway, someone will find a way to abuse this rule in their favor... We can check the tapes like you said in MSN though, so.. Yeah. XD
DerekE
DerekE
Head Forum Admin
Head Forum Admin

Total Posts : 805
FT Cup Series : #98 Menards Ford Full-time
Rising Star Series : N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptor Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:19 pm

Well, now if this rule takes effect then my new idea I had is now obsolete.
Raptor
Raptor
SCARTS Official
SCARTS Official

Back to top Go down

Post by Klutch Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:52 am

i liked the rule we ran at vegas, because with that rule if ur the leader and u lag into the wall and its like 10 or so laps to go u cant call a yellow, that would be kinda messed up.
Klutch
Klutch
Race Analyst
Race Analyst

Total Posts : 361
FT Cup Series : #18 M&M\'s Toyota
Rising Star Series : #18 Interstate Batte

Back to top Go down

Post by Klutch Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:54 am

another thing is if u bring out a yellow, you should have to be end of longest line regardless, i think that clears alot of things up
Klutch
Klutch
Race Analyst
Race Analyst

Total Posts : 361
FT Cup Series : #18 M&M\'s Toyota
Rising Star Series : #18 Interstate Batte

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptor Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:22 am

Yes, I agree with Klutch
Raptor
Raptor
SCARTS Official
SCARTS Official

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down