SCARTSRacing and NSCSonMRO
UPCOMING SCARTS RACES:
- Bristol: TBA

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

UPCOMING SCARTS RACES:
- Bristol: TBA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 272 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:06 pm
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

SCARTS on Facebook! (NEW PAGES. RE-LIKE!)

Lowe's (Chase Race 3) - Radio Chatter/Stupidity

4 posters

Go down

Lowe's (Chase Race 3) - Radio Chatter/Stupidity Empty Lowe's (Chase Race 3) - Radio Chatter/Stupidity

Post by Guest Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:22 pm

OK, first off, I just want to say that we SERIOUSLY need rules regarding radio chatter. I mean, come on, it's bad enough that I have to hear Scorpio and others constantly whine about crap while the admins try to do their job. I ditched you guys on lap 97 because of that and from what I remember, there were about three or four yellows in the span of 15 minutes just because Burnout was TRYING to signal to everyone to get in formation for double-file restarts, but apparently, some of you were too self-absorbed. I admit, the double-file restarts were a nice concept, but if everyone just keeps crashing on the first lap, it's gonna be a real buzzkill.

That being said, I propose we make a few rules regarding radio chatter. The least we could do is be a little more mature about ourselves on the radio and about what we do on the track...

Back to top Go down

Lowe's (Chase Race 3) - Radio Chatter/Stupidity Empty Re: Lowe's (Chase Race 3) - Radio Chatter/Stupidity

Post by Klutch Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:23 pm

told ya, i kept sayin only race communication duing race but noooooo nobody listens
Klutch
Klutch
Race Analyst
Race Analyst

Total Posts : 361
FT Cup Series : #18 M&M\'s Toyota
Rising Star Series : #18 Interstate Batte

Back to top Go down

Lowe's (Chase Race 3) - Radio Chatter/Stupidity Empty Re: Lowe's (Chase Race 3) - Radio Chatter/Stupidity

Post by Guest Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:32 pm

I will be man enough to admit that I contributed to it, but I wouldn't put it past me that there are a few nameless people that will continue to constantly make things worse.

Back to top Go down

Post by Burn Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:26 pm

I was happy to be back, but this was the one nusiance I had throughtout my entire race. I couldn't stand the constant noises. There MUST be changes made for this problem!
Burn
Burn
Head Forum Admin
Head Forum Admin

Total Posts : 555
FT Cup Series : #88 Amp Energy Chevy Chevy Logo
-Starts: 6
-Poles: 1
-Wins: 2
-Top 3s: 4
-Top 5s: 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Burnout Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:13 am

Thanks guys for pointing this out. The teamspeak WAS HORRIBLE Monday night. I'm thinking of some major changes to this mess. I got upset over the radio at one point because you guys just wouldn't shut up over the radio while under caution. The chatter is distracting and will stop from this point on. Here are some suggestions I have to improve this:

OPTION 1. Limit the speaking to admins
-There are some people who abuse Teamspeak for ranting and this will limit the voices to the admins to help guide the race from start to finish. This also means I need maturity out of each admin to avoid cursing and random ranting. We are representatives of SCARTS and need to show it by behaving on Teamspeak while guiding the race. And as admins you can consider us as 'color commentators' and we can keep the radio chatter interesting over the radio providing commentary. That would get us focused more on the racing and less on the fighting. Of course, those not as admins must still be connected to hear us speak. Is there a mute option in Teamspeak like Klutch uses????

OPTION 2. Ban those abusing Teamspeak
-Another suggestion is to deny people a chance to speak on Teamspeak if they continually curse or keep talking while admins attempt to shut them up for being a distraction to the race. Again this could need a 'mute option' to effectively make this work, or they just connect to Teamspeak without a mic in. Those who are respectful over the radio and don't usually pick fights or annoy the admins would continue their right to speak in the races.

ADDITIONAL OPTION: Team chatter (plus Option #1)
-A third idea would be to limit driver chat to your teammates as there will be less picking and nagging if its your teammate. Everyone would connect to their own private Team server and as well as the general admin server to hear us guide the race, but be muted from speaking in the main one.

LAST RESORT: Drop Teamspeak from SCARTS.
Burnout
Burnout
SCARTS Official
SCARTS Official

Total Posts : 1693
Comments : **TRIPLE TITLE HOLDER**
- 2008-B Full Throttle Cup Champ
- 2008 Phenom Series Champ
- 2009 Racin' Edge Truck Champ
FT Cup Series : #9 Budweiser Ford Ford Logo
SCARTS Full Throttle 2010 Stats:
-Starts: 10
-Poles: 4
-Wins: 3
-Top 3s: 5
-Top 5s: 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:00 pm

Mute option= either
a) unplugging your mic
or b) uninstalling Teamspeak altogether. I'm not dealing with this bullcrap from some of you idiots...not naming anyone in particular.

Back to top Go down

Post by Klutch Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:16 pm

there is a mute option, u can mute everyone except the admins on teamspeak by right clicking each person u wanna mute and click the mute player option and that will leave it to where u can only hear burn and the other admins
Klutch
Klutch
Race Analyst
Race Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Klutch Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:19 pm

another thing we could do is with having team channels, everyone will be in their own team channel and burn would have to set a whisper key to everyone and he has a key that only works for his channel which is the normal button he uses to talk, using the whipser key will reach out to everyone in the server that he sets it to and when he presses his normal button only his team will hear wat he says.
Klutch
Klutch
Race Analyst
Race Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Burn Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:30 pm

I really like the team idea, but there's one slight problem. There are a few of us that either don't have teammates or their teammates are not available to race. This would make it hard for many people because they'd be in a room alone. I think we should FIRST have a test race... If anyone gets too annoying they will be muted for a race or two, continued offences will get them banned altogether from speaking. Or, if there's an option, we can try to find a key to mute everyone during cautions ONLY except admins... If someone really needs to speak they must type it out.
Burn
Burn
Head Forum Admin
Head Forum Admin

Total Posts : 555
FT Cup Series : #88 Amp Energy Chevy Chevy Logo
-Starts: 6
-Poles: 1
-Wins: 2
-Top 3s: 4
-Top 5s: 5

Back to top Go down

Post by DerekE Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:19 pm

Well, for the races on the weekends I can be moderator.. I have no problem with that. I'll need the permissions though, which you'll have to try to get for me Klutch.
DerekE
DerekE
Head Forum Admin
Head Forum Admin

Total Posts : 805
FT Cup Series : #98 Menards Ford Full-time
Rising Star Series : N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Klutch Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:36 pm

i can set u as admin on teamspeak
Klutch
Klutch
Race Analyst
Race Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down